Northern DeSoto Parish was united by a group of church-communities: Antioch, Bethel, Canaan, Faltine, Friendship, Holly, Morning Star, Mt. Mariah, Mt. Zion, Providence, St. Mark, St. Mission and St. Rest. Land used to grow crops was converted to a different crop, young minds. Fifteen acres of farm land became a focal point for African American scholarship. The history of its students and their accomplishments mirror those of their peers who matriculated in schools throughout Louisiana. The Eagles soared from 1953 until 1988.