Iberville High School History
A historic drawing from Iberville High School’s 1962 yearbook matches the buildings that still remain on the school’s campus. Iberville High School originally opened in 1935, and was in operation until 1969, when it closed due to integration. The school reopened as Iberville Elementary School, a PreK-6 Montessori School. Some of the original buildings remain, but some were demolished. New buildings, visible with the white roofs in the aerial view, were built on the campus between August 2009 and October 2010.
IBERVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
1969(school closed -desegregation
Louisiana Interscholastic Athletic and Literary Organization governed all school activities. (LIALO).
1957-State Champion Track and Fields (Boys)
1962-State Champion Track and Fields (Boys)
1962-State Champion Basketball (Girls)
1962-State Champion -Band
1964-State Champion Track (Boys)
1969-State Champion Basketball (Boys)
W. O. Williams-Principal 1935-1969
Ollie S. Scott-Athletic Director/Head Football Coach 1957-1969
James Peterson-Head Basketball Coach 1964-1969
Joseph Calloway-Head Track Coach-Asst. Basketball Varsity Football 1966-1969
George Holland-Head Band Director 1955-1969