Prairieville High School History
Prairieville School opened in 1951 as a school for African American students in grades 1-12. Prior to the construction of the Prairieville School, a Rosenwald School was on the site, constructed sometime before 1934. With integration around 1970, the school became Prairieville Middle School. The historic mid-century modern school building was in use until 2016, when a new school building was constructed in place of the old school. The historic buildings were virtually all demolished except for the historic gymnasium. Prairieville Middle School continues to operate on the site in its new construction building.