G. W. Griffin High School History
G. W. Griffin High School’s legacy starts with the East Carroll Baptist Association in Lake Providence, Louisiana. In 1898, East Carroll Baptist Association started East Carroll Normal and Industrial Institute. The school became known as G. W. Griffin High School in 1954 under the leadership of the principal General Trass Jr. The school still stands extant and in use today as Griffin Middle School.